Is a horizontal grinder right for your site? As a leader in screening and size reduction machinery, WSM has the right solutions for your industrial grinding and processing needs.
West Salem Machinery produces rugged and reliable grinding, screening, and conveying equipment as individual components or as the core of a customized, fully engineered package. With the most extensive product line available, we deliver customized and integrated solutions for a wide range of needs.
West Salem offers a line of horizontal grinders in a full range of sizes that can process from one to 150 tons per hour.
West Salem’s horizontal grinders and horizontal wood hogs offer superior processing performance, while minimizing the need for maintenance and additional horsepower.
MAINTENANCE FRIENDLY FEATURES
WSM’s industrial grinders are designed with maintenance friendly design features to save you time, money, and headaches. Businesses reduce their maintenance budgets with features like a front section that pivots down for a maintenance working surface. The pivoting hog case assembly can be open while the infeed system remains in place.
Belt conveyors include a “speed-up” roll for extended wear life. Large grinding systems use our multi-strand chain conveyor for direct loading of batch loads and has reversing capabilities.
SUPERIOR MACHINE DESIGN
We get the best results by using the unbeatable combination of field/application experience, in-house testing, and innovative design staff – learning fast and applying what we learn – to correctly design, size, and improve our machines and systems to ensure successful installations.
Design features include:
- Heavy duty fabricated steel housing for superior strength and wear life
- Abrasion-resistant steel screen bars or perforated plates produce a finished product in a single pass
- Inspection ports and rear access doors allow access to upper and lower housing
- Rear access doors allow for a “quick check” of the machine with case still in place.
- Heavy-duty double row spherical roller bearing and pillow block bearing housings for superior bearing life
- Interior housing lined with 1”-3” thick bolt-in AR wear liners for long machine life
- Massive hammer bodies with reversible, rebuildable tips available
- Easy to handle modular grate screens make for easier maintenance, cost savings, and consistent product size
…and more. Contact our sales team to talk about the features that are important for your site.
MINIMIZE DOWNTIME, MAXIMIZE ROI
You don’t have time to mess around with low-quality machines with no customer service. Your WSM sales team will make sure that your industrial grinder is a perfect fit for your needs and your site, making customizations as necessary. We offer project management expertise and in-house engineering for integration with existing equipment, equipment by others, or designing an entire system
WSM is available to help ensure your operators and equipment are delivering optimal results. Start-up assistance, preventative maintenance and operator training are available to help you get optimal results.
WSM HORIZONTAL GRINDERS: BEST IN THE BUSINESS
WSM horizontal grinders and horizontal wood hogs are ideal for processing a wide range of materials including:
- C&D Debris
- Engineered Wood
- Forest Residuals
- Green Waste
- Stringy Bark
- Trim Ends & Edgings
- Urban Wood
- Yard Debris
Contact our team today to find out more about which of our horizontal grinding systems offers the right solution to meet your operation’s needs.